The most popular bucket list ideas tend to involve travel, because when you get away from your day-to-day environment you can experience new cultures, new cuisines and new climates. These are great ways to enjoy life’s journey, find purpose and rejuvenate the soul.
However, not all bucket list ideas require you to hop a flight to London, China, New York or Paris. You can take a road trip over land or scuba dive underwater and still experience the extraordinary. You can even volunteer in your community and unlock something special in your own backyard.
Here’s a list of bucket list ideas, in no particular order, from the Amava community:
- Ride high in the sky while Hot Air Ballooning
- Go horseback riding on a Grand Canyon Adventure
- Witness the otherworldly Northern Lights in Alaska
- Tour the Pyramids and other ancient wonders in Giza, Egypt
- Go for a Kayaking Adventure on a lake or open ocean
- Eat squid ink pasta in Rome or Venice
- Unlock your Indiana Jones and Work on an Archaeology Dig
- Snorkel around the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia
- Explore the United States countryside through Train Travel
- Hike up to Machu Picchu in Peru before sunrise
- Circle the Great Loop from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico
- View the Great Wall of China from a helicopter
- Test Drive a Tiny House
- Drive across Canada from the Atlantic to the Pacific
- Learn how Spanish ham is produced while Touring the Iberico Ham Trail
- Attend Mardi Gras or Jazz Festival in New Orleans
- Discover hidden worlds while Deep Sea Cave Diving
- Attend the Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics or World Cup
- Walk the Camino de Santiago and make lifelong friends
- Float in the Dead Sea and visit the historical city of Petra
- Be a volunteer Lighthouse Keeper
- Attend a fashion show in Italy
- Get your Speed Racer on and try some Race Car Driving
- Take an archery class and hit a bullseye
- If you’re adventurous, go hang gliding in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, rafting in New Zealand or skydiving!
If you’d like to add to the Best Bucket List Ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.